Layers of graham cracker, brownie, and marshmallow make up these perfect smores brownies, the ultimate summer treat!
- 10 graham crackers (number may vary based on pan size)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 7 oz marshmallow fluff
- Mini marshmallows and chocolate bars for toppings
- Start by either spraying your pan or lining it with parchment paper. I used a 10x10 square pan for this recipe. You can also use a 9x9 or a 9x13 as well.
- Lay down two layers of whole graham crackers on the bottom. Break the crackers up as needed to get them to fit.
- Put the brown sugar, regular sugar, melted butter, and vegetable oil in a bowl. Use a whisk to stir it together. Stir it for a couple minutes to combine it well. The color will lighten up slightly as you whisk it.
- Next, add the eggs and vanilla. Continue whisking it for a couple more minutes and it will continue to lighten in color.
- Last, we are going to fold in the dry ingredients- the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. You don’t want to stir it in! Folding in the ingredients will keep from too much air forming in the mix, which would allow the brownies to rise and get rid of that fudgy texture.
- Pour the brownie batter on top of the graham crackers. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes. To tell if they are done, stick a toothpickinto the center of the brownies. It won’t come out clean, but it should come out with some batter and some crumbs. If it just looks like batter on the toothpick, bake it for another 5 minutes until you can stick the toothpick in and see some crumbs come out.
- Once the brownies are baked, spread some marshmallow fluff on top. You can add a little bit of water to the marshmallow fluff to help it spread easier.
- Put the brownies with the fluff on top back in the oven.Turn the broiler on, and broil on low for around 5 minutes. Check it every 2 minutes though. You want the marshmallows to toast to a nice golden brown but can easily burn quickly
- Garnish with mini marshmallows, chocolate, and graham cracker crumbs if you want.