Salted Caramel Brownies
Enjoy a classic take on brownies. These are full of caramel and topped with sea salt.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12.25 oz jar of caramel
- Combine the melted butter, vegetable oil, brown sugar, and sugar in a bowl. Use a whisk to mix it, and mix it for 1 minute
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Use the whisk to mix it for another minute.
- Fold in the dry ingredients. Fold them in just until it is all combined. Don't overmix it!
- Pour HALF the batter into a greased (or lined with parchment paper) pan. I use a 10x10 pan, but you can also use a 9x9 or a 9x13 as they are more common. Pour some caramel on top and swirl it in with a knife. Add the rest of the batter, then top with some more caramel and swirl it in. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes. They are done when you insert a toothpick, and it comes out not completely clean, but comes out with some crumbs, not just batter.
- After they are cooled, drizzle caramel on top and some salt!