Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Cream the butter and sugar together until it is lighter in color and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Alternate adding the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder, baking soda) and the buttermilk.
- Add the red dye last, and mix until well combined.
- Scoop into cupcakes liners in a muffin tin, and bake at 350°F for 15-18 minutes.
- Take the cupcakes out of the pan after 2 minutes of cooling, and allow them to cool completely before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cream the cream cheese and butter together until it is very smooth, with no lumps!
- Add the powder sugar, vanilla, and almond extract, and mix until it is well combined and smooth.
- Top your cupcakes with the frosting, and enjoy!
The red velvet cake recipe will also make 2-6" round cakes, and 1- 8" round cake. Baking time varies for the cakes. A 6" takes about 25-30 minutes, and an 8" takes about 35-40 minutes.