Raspberry Crumble Bars
Raspberry Crumble Bars are a great spring and summer dessert, and easy to make!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 oz cream cheese, cold and cut into cubes
- 3 pints raspberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 lemon juiced and zested
- Prepare an 8x8 or 9x9 square pan by spraying it with nonstick cooking spray or lining it with parchment paper. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, combine the crust ingredients: flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, baking powder, melted butter, and vanilla. Do not add the cream cheese yet.
- Press 3/4 of the mixture into your prepared pan. Press it down and up the sides of the pan to form the crust. Bake for 15 minutes, and when it is done, set it aside to cool.
- In a pot, combine 2 pints of the raspberries, sugar, flour, cornstarch, salt, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Heat over medium heat until the mixture boils. It will become more of a liquid texture.
- Sprinkle the remaining pint of raspberries evenly on top of the crust. Pour the raspberry mixture on top and spread it out evenly.
- With the remaining 1/4 of the crust mixture in the food processor, add the cream cheese and mix until it combines evenly. Sprinkle pieces of the topping on top of the raspberry mixture to cover the top.
- Bake again for 30-35 minutes, at least until the crumble on top turns golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely, cut it, and enjoy!