- Mix the melted butter, sugar, and brown sugar together until it is well combined and the sugars are completely dissolved in the butter.
- Add the eggs and mix until it is all well combined.
- Add the pumpkin and all of the dry ingredients- the flour, baking powder and soda, salt, and spice. Mix it all together until it is combined.
- Add the vanilla and water and mix together.
- Pour into your prepared cake pans or scoop into cupcake liners.
- Bake at 350 degrees F:
For 6" cake, bake for 30-35 minutes
For 8" cake, bake for 45-50 minutes
For cupcakes, bake for 12-15 minutes
This recipe will yield 4- 6" cakes, 2- 8" cakes, and around 4 dozen cupcakes.