Halloween Sugar Cookie Bars
Simple and classic, these sugar cookie bars are a great Halloween treat that everyone will enjoy!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powder sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- orange food color
- Halloween color sprinkles
- Mix the butter and sugar together until it is well combined, and it will turn pale yellow and look fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix everything together well.
- Add all of the dry ingredients- the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cornstarch. Add the milk and combine everything until it forms a dough.
- Put the sugar cookie dough into a pan, either an 8x8 or 9x9 dish. If you want to use a 9x13, I would advise doubling the recipe.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes, or until the whole top is golden brown.
- Let it cool completely before adding the frosting.
- Combine all the frosting ingredients and mix them well. Add the orange food color until you get your desired color (you can also dye the frosting any color you would like, it doesn't have to be orange).
- Frost the cookie and add sprinkles!