These brownies are soft and fluffy, and full of chocolate! The brownies only take one bowl, and they are layered with a chocolate ganache. It doesn't get any easier than this!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 oz chocolate chips OR Bakers chocolate bar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- OPTIONAL: chocolate chips, nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line your pan with either parchment paper, or spray it heavily with cooking spray. If you don't have the 10x10 square pan, you can use a 9x13 rectangle pan.
- Heat the heavy cream over the stove until it boils. Pour over the chocolate. Let it sit for a minute, then stir until smooth. This is your ganache, set it aside for now.
- Combine everything except the optional chocolate chips and nuts.
- Layer the ganache and brownie batter in the pan. You can use a knife to swirl the two together as well.
- If you want to add nuts or chocolate chips, sprinkle them on top.
- Bake for 1 hour-1 hour 15 minutes, or until the edge of the brownie has pulled away from the pan, and you can insert a toothpick into the center and it comes out clean.
- Cool, cut, and enjoy!