Chocolate Truffle Cookies
Calling all chocolate lovers- these cookies are absolutely for you! Packed with chocolate and super delicious!
- 4 ounces unsweetened Bakers chocolate
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- powder sugar
- Put your unsweetened Bakers chocolate, 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips, and the butter into a microwave safe bowl. Melt in the microwave in 15-30 second intervals.
- Once it is melted, set it aside to cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs and sugar and beat for two minutes. It will lighten in color and look fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and melted chocolate to the bowl and mix it well to combine.
- Add all the dry ingredients in and mix well to combine.
- Add the mini chocolate chips last and stir them in.
- Cover the mixture and leave in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Lightly flour your hands, and scoop about 1” balls and roll them in your hands. Lay them out on a cookie sheet. Don’t flatten them though, leave them as balls.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes.
- Let them cool, then sift powder sugar on top of them.