This decadent chocolate cheesecake is perfect for the chocolate lover.
- 2/3 package Oreos, crushed
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 lbs cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 8 ounces melted semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces chocolate (your choice, dark chocolate or milk chocolate)
- Combine the crushed oreos and melted butter.
- Put into a 9" round springform cake pan, and press along the bottom and sides. Put in the fridge while you make the cheesecake batter.
- Put your softened cream cheese and sugar in a bowl. Mix on high until it is very smooth, you don’t want any lumps in it.
- Add one egg at a time, mixing on low in between each egg to combine, and then add the egg yolk last.
- Add the heavy cream slowly while the mixer is still on low speed.
- Sift the cocoa powder in and mix it until it is well combined.
- Add the melted chocolate, and again mix it until it is well combined.
- Pour into your pan with the crust.
- Put the pan into a larger pan, so that you can make a water bath. Pour water into the larger pan until it is about ¼ of the way up the side of your cheesecake pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for about 1 ½ hours. It will be done when you jiggle the pan and you don’t see any ripples of movement in the batter.
- Let it cool completely before topping with the ganache.
- Heat the heavy cream until it boils. Pour over the chocolate. Let it sit for 1 minute, then stir to combine it. Let it cool slightly before pouring on top of the cheesecake.