Apple Galette is a simplified apple pie. Delicious and easy to make!
- 12 ounces flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound butter, cold
- 1/2 cup water, cold
- 1/4 cup sugar, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- 3-4 large apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Combine the flour, salt, sugar, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Cut the cold butter into small chunks and add to the flour mixture. Cut the butter into your flour mixture, aka smash the butter into the flour to break the butter up into smaller pieces. Do this until the butter chunks are slightly larger than peas.
- Add the water and stir to combine. It will form a dough.
- Put the dough on top of saran wrap, wrap it up, then let it refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- After it has refrigerated, roll it out on a floured surface, and transfer to a large pan. Use a fork to poke holes in the bottom of the crust.
- Peel and slice your apples.
- Combine everything into a large bowl. Make sure you stir it enough to coat the apples and evenly distribute everything.
- Pour the apples onto the rolled out pie crust. Keep it centered in the pie crust.
- Fold the edge of the pie crust in, leaving the middle exposed to show the apples.
- Brush the pie crust with milk, and bake at 400 degrees F for 25-30 minutes, until the pie crust is golden brown.
- Let it cool, and serve it warm with some vanilla ice cream!